MATH1003 Integral Calculus and Modelling
MATH1003 is a Junior (or first-year) unit forming part of the Mainstream Mathematics stream.
- Credit point value: 3CP.
- Classes per week: Two lectures and one tutorial.
- Lecturer(s) in 2017: Eduardo Altmann, Matthew Chan, Ben Goldys, Boris Lishak, Milena Radnovic, Sharon Stephen, Michael Watson .
- Email contact address:
Students: please check if your question can be answered by referring to the FAQ page before emailing us. If you decide to email us please include your name and SID.
Students have the right to appeal any academic decision made by the School or Faculty. For further information, see the Science Faculty web site.
You may also view the description of MATH1003 in the University's course search database.
Information sheet for MATH1003
All students should read the information sheet. The information includes (for example) details of the assessment procedure, including dates of assessment tasks.
Answers to frequently asked questions
Find the important dates and assessment criteria among other things in the information sheet.
Priyank Badola, Sachitha Bandara, Jorghi Caesario, Ali Elkhayat, Sylvie Ha, Shanon Lee, Angus McAdam, Tara McDougall, James McLarty, Nitish Muppavarapu, Mohammed Mustafa, Quinn Musulin, Arjun Sekhar, Chad Sia, Florence Tang and Hannah Wang have volunteered to be your class representatives. They will meet shortly with the Head of School. We would like to know what you like about the unit and where things can be improved. If you have any issues you would like discussed, please email your representatives and let them know your views.
Lecture PlanPlease see Schedule with Chapter Numbers for a tentative week-by-week schedule for this semester. The chapter numbers are from the Course Notes.
Table of Standard IntegralsThis useful table will be given in the examination.
Weekly Consultations (no appointment required)
- Eduardo Altmann (Carslaw 615): Wednesday 9:30-10:30am (Weeks 2-13).
- Matthew Chan (Carslaw 524): Thursday 10:00-11:00am (Weeks 8-13).
- Ben Goldys (Carslaw 709): Friday 9:00-10:00am (Weeks 2-7).
- Boris Lishak (Carslaw 524): Thursday 2:00-3:00pm (Weeks 2-7).
- Milena Radnovic (Carslaw 624): Tuesday 10:30-11:30am (Weeks 2-13).
- Sharon Stephen (Carslaw 525): Thursday 2:00-3:00pm (Weeks 2-13).
- Michael Watson (Carslaw 524): Tuesday 2:00-3:00pm (Weeks 8-13).
Pre-exam consultation hours (no appointment required)
- Eduardo Altmann (Carslaw 615): Monday, 6 November, 9-11am and 2-4pm.
- Matthew Chan (Carslaw 829): Thursday, 9 November, 1-3pm.
- Ben Goldys (Carslaw 709): Thursday, 9 November, 9-10am and Friday, 10 November, 9-10am.
- Milena Radnovic (Carslaw 624): Tuesday, 7 November, 10:30-12:30 and Wednesday, 8 November 10:30-12:30.
- Sharon Stephen (Carslaw 525): Wednesday, 8 November 9-11am and Thursday, 9 November, 10am-noon.
- Michael Watson (Carslaw 829): Tuesday, 7 November, 2-4pm (Weeks 8-13).
The cover sheet for Exam 2017 can be found here.
MATH1003 students: please check that your marks for Assignment 1 and Quiz 1 have been recorded correctly by pressing the "Check marks" button.
Please note that any corrections to Assignment 1 marks must be made by Friday, Sep 22.
Please note that any corrections to Quiz 1 marks must be made by Friday, Oct 13.
The teaching material appearing on this web site is intended for the use of enrolled students of the University of Sydney, and (unless otherwise specified) the University of Sydney holds copyright. Any other person or institution wishing to use any of this material must contact the university to make appropriate arrangements.
Self-test web quizzes:
Test your understanding of the topics by trying the self-test quizzes for MATH1003 regularly as the semester progresses.
Every student should have a copy of the Junior Mathematics and Statistics Handbook.
For general information on examinations, including the end of semester examination timetable, see the University's Examination Information web site.
The Faculty Handbook entry:
The description of MATH1003 in the central units of study database.
Show timetable / Hide timetable.