SMS scnews item created by Andrew Mathas at Fri 22 Feb 2013 2027
Expiry: 17 May 2013
Calendar1: 15 Mar 2013
Calendar2: 17 May 2013
Auth: email@example.com in SMS-auth
Faculty-Specific IT Research and Education Program
The University’s Information and Communications Technology (ICT) team will again be supporting the Information Technology requirements in faculties through the Faculty-Specific IT Research and Education Program (FREIP) in 2013. This program aims to support projects that are ineligible for the main ICT funding streams.
The scope of the program is:
- To develop IT solutions/services for research and teaching support within one or more faculties.
- Proposed budget per project does not exceed $100,000
- To offer funding support for projects or initiatives not covered by University-wide funding streams.
Applications should address the following selection criteria:
- Alignment to Faculty strategies
- Need - degree to which the project is required to sustain University (faculty) operations
- Value for money: to what degree does the project improve efficiency and reduce costs; how much will the project cost to implement; what are the ongoing operational costs associated with the project?
Approved projects will be managed as individual projects using the existing ICT project methodology within a program framework. An ICT project manager will be assigned to each project and progress of all projects will be reported monthly through the ICT Research and Education program control board.
The closing dates are:
- Round 1 – Friday, 15th March 2013 (High priority, urgent projects)
- Round 2 – Friday, 17th May 2013
For additional information, and to submit completed applications please contact:
CHRISTO WILLEMSE | IT Manager
Information and Communications Technology
THE UNIVERSITY OF SYDNEY
Rm 348, Services Building G12 | The University of Sydney | NSW | 2006
T +61 2 9036 6103 | F +61 2 9351 7859 | M +61 424 156 157
E firstname.lastname@example.org | W http://sydney.edu.au/ict