Resources for MATH2917: Working Seminar B (Special Studies Program)
At this page, you can find the list of speakers of the SSP seminar. In addition, this page contains links to handouts (no hard copies will be distributed).
Also look at the Unit Information Sheet.
Advice on Writing and Presenting Mathematics
Some advice on writing and presenting mathematics can be found in
- Steven G. Krantz, A Primer of Mathematical Writing, AMS, 1997;
- N.J. Higham, Handbook of writing for the mathematical sciences, SIAM, 1998;
- Daniel Daners, Basic Principles of Mathematical Writing’ ;
- Mary Myerscough, Thoughts about giving talks ;
- Paul R. Halmos, How to write Mathematics;
- Paul R. Halmos, How to talk Mathematics;
You are encouraged to use the above references. Individual advice will be given as well.