Resources for MATH2962
This page contains links to tutorial and assignment sheets and other handouts (no hard copies will be distributed).
Also look at the Unit Information Sheet.
Important announcements will be posted here.
- Check the general information on exams. The exam timetable is on SydneyStudent.
- The MATH2962 exams for 2013–2015 are made available for practice: 2013, 2014 and 2015. For best results, the solutions should be consulted after a serious attempt of the exams in conditions similar to those in real situation: 2013s, 2014s, 2015s.
- The MATH2962 exam for 2016 has been used for revision in Week 13. The solutions are made available.
- Florica Cirstea, Carslaw 719: 1-3pm, June 15
- The Assignment has been marked. The solutions to the Assignment have been uploaded.
- The Assignment has been posted on Monday 8th May and was due on Monday 22nd May by 23:59:59. The assignment must be submitted as a PDF document using TurnItIn in Blackboard.
- Quiz 2 has been marked and the papers can be collected from Carslaw 719 on Friday 9th June (before 2pm or after 3pm) as well as on 15 June during the pre-exam consultation time (1-3pm). The solutions to Quiz 2 are made available.
- Quiz 2 was held at 9am on Thursday, 1st June during Practice Class (Carslaw 275). The material tested was up to and including Chapter VI in the Lecture Notes for MATH2962 by Daniel Daners. Note that Chapter VII was not examined for Quiz 2, but it will be tested in the end of semester exam. Here is a Practice Quiz 2 and Solutions.
- Quiz 1 was held at 9am on Thursday 13 April during Practice Class (Carslaw 275). This first quiz will examine material covered in Chapters I and II, as well as Chapter III up to and including Section 15 on Non-Negative Series from the Lecture Notes for MATH2962 by Daniel Daners. Here is a Practice Quiz 1 and Solutions.
- Quiz 1 has been marked and the papers returned in Practice Class of Week 7. You can collect your Quiz paper in Carslaw 719 or by appointment. The solutions to Quiz 1 are made available here.
- The solutions to Practice Class of Week 10 have been updated. Please note the modified solutions to the series in (a) and (b) of Question 1 regarding the use of the Limit Comparison Test.
- The solutions to exercises/ Practice Class of Week 9 have been uploaded.
Useful exam information
Pre-exam consultation times
Useful Assignment Information
Tutorial and assignment sheets and solutions are available as PDF files. If you have problems printing the PDF files look at the PDF Help Page