MATH1001 Differential Calculus
MATH1001 is a Junior (or first-year) unit forming part of the Normal Mathematics stream.
- Credit point value: 3CP.
- Classes per week: Two lectures and one tutorial.
- Lecturer(s) in 2015: Ben Goldys, Daniel Hauer, Sarah Lobb, Mary Myerscough, Milena Radnovic Zhou Zhang .
- Email contact address:
Students: please check if your question can be answered by referring to the FAQ page before emailing us. If you decide to email us please include your name and SID.
You may also view the description of MATH1001 in the University's course search database.
Information sheet for MATH1001
All students should read the information sheet. The information includes (for example) details of the assessment procedure, including dates of assessment tasks.
Answers to frequently asked questions
Textbook for the course MATH1001
A printed textbook is available at Kopystop.
Lecturers are available for consultations as follows:
- Prof. Ben Goldys - Friday 9am-10am, room 709 (weeks 2-13)
- Dr Daniel Hauer - Wednesday 1pm-2pm, room 724 (weeks 2-7)
- Dr Sarah Lobb - Friday 1pm-2pm, room 707A (weeks 8-13)
- A/Prof Mary Myerscough - Thursday 1pm-2pm, room 626 (weeks 3-13)
- Dr Milena Radnovic - Friday 1pm-2pm, room 707A (weeks 2-7)
- Dr Zhou Zhang - Wednesday 1pm-2pm, room 620 (weeks 8-13)
Pre-exam consultations schedule
Lecturers are available for pre-exam consultations as follows:
- Wednesday, 10 June 2015, 1pm-3pm - Dr Sarah Lobb - room 630 (Carslaw)
- Thursday, 11 June 2015, 10am-noon - Dr Zhou Zhang - room 620 (Carslaw)
- Thursday, 11 June 2015, 2pm-4pm - Muralee Krish - room 829 (Carslaw)
- Friday, 12 June 2015, 10am-noon - Dr Milena Radnovic - room 829 (Carslaw)
- Friday, 12 June 2015, 2pm-4pm - Gareth White - room 535 (Carslaw)
- Tuesday, 16 June 2015, 2pm-4pm - James Diaz - room 707A (Carslaw)
- Wednesday, 17 June 2015, 2pm-4pm - John Maclean - room 535 (Carslaw)
Grace Charles, Katherine Russell, Jessica Wu, Henry Feng, Adnan Abdullah, Joseph Bassil, Jakob Klenner, Nikita Ilin, David Kim, Sarah Smith and Chuwei Su have volunteered to be your class representatives. They will meet shortly with the Head of School or the Director of First Year. We would like to know what you like about the unit and where things can be improved. If you have any issues you would like discussed, please email your representatives and let them know your views.
Previous exams are available in the exam section of the resources page.
Lecture Stream 8am in Carslaw 159 Discontinued
As of week 10, this lecture stream has been discontinued. Students in this stream should change to the 8am stream in EAA or to one of the 11am streams in EAA or Wallace.
Please check that your mark for Assignment, Quiz 1 and Quiz 2 have been recorded correctly by entering your 9 digit SID into the box below and then pressing the "Check marks" button.
Please note that any corrections to Assignment marks must be made by Friday, May 29.
Please note that any corrections to Quiz 1 marks must be made by Friday 5 May 2015.
Please note that any corrections to Quiz 2 marks must be made by Wednesday 17 June 2015.
The teaching material appearing on this web site is intended for the use of enrolled students of the University of Sydney, and (unless otherwise specified) the University of Sydney holds copyright. Any other person or institution wishing to use any of this material must contact the university to make appropriate arrangements.
- Self-test web quizzes:
Test your understanding of the topics by trying the quizzes for MATH1001 regularly as the semester progresses.
Every student should have a copy of the Junior Mathematics and Statistics Handbook.
- Examination Timetable:
For general information on examinations, including the end of semester examination timetable, see the University's Examination Information web site.
- Past Exam Papers:
Fisher Library's previous years' exam papers page.
- The Faculty Handbook entry:
The description of MATH1001 in the central units of study database.