MATH3968 Differential Geometry
This page contains information on the Senior advanced Unit of Study MATH3968 Differential Geometry.
- Taught in Semester 2.
- Credit point value: 6.
- Classes per week: Three lectures and one tutorial.
- Lecturer(s): Haotian Wu .
Please refer to the Senior Mathematics and Statistics Handbook for all questions relating to Senior Mathematics and Statistics. In particular, see the MATH3968 handbook entry for further information relating to MATH3968.
You may also view the description of MATH3968 in the central units of study database.
Students have the right to appeal any academic decision made by the School or Faculty. For further information, see the Science Faculty web site.
Assignments and Take-home Quiz
- Assignment 1.
Due at the beginning of the tutorial on Friday, 8 September 2017.
You must submit it via TurnItIn by 2pm of the due date and also hand in an identical paper copy at the start of the tutorial.
- Take-Quiz Quiz.
Due at the beginning of the lecture on Monday, 9 Oct 2017.
- Assignment 2.
Due at the beginning of the tutorial on Friday, 27 Oct 2017.
Information SheetThe course information sheet can be found here.
- Notes by Emma Carberry.
- MATH2962 lecture notes by Daniel Daners (as a reference for continuity and topology)
- do Carmo, Differential geometry of curves and surfaces. On Reserve in Scitech Library (errata by Bjorn Poonen).
ConsultationWednesday, 5pm–6pm, Carslaw 524.
Tutorials (and Selected Solutions)
- Week 1: Questions and Solutions.
- Week 2: Questions and Solutions.
- Week 3: Questions and Solutions. (Notes on Inverse/Implicit Function Theorems.)
- Week 4: Questions and Solutions.
- Week 5: Questions and Solutions.
- Week 6: Questions and Solutions.
- Week 7: Questions and Solutions.
- Week 8: Questions and Solutions.
Show timetable / Hide timetable.