The aim of Australian and New Zealand Industrial and Applied Mathematics (ANZIAM) is to:
- Advance the application of mathematics to science, industry and business;
- Promote mathematical research relevant to applications of mathematics;
- Provide for the exchange of ideas and information between applied mathematicians and users of mathematics in science, engineering and industry;
- Encourage the education and training of industrial and applied mathematicians.
As part of that process, each year members of the New South Wales and Australian Capital Territory Branches hold a meeting where academics and students present findings of their research. Moreover the meeting provides an opportunity to get to know your colleagues and to enjoy the annual dinner together. Postgraduate students in particular are encouraged to present their work and will receive free registration, attendance at the Conference dinner, and students outside Sydney can apply for one night free accommodation.
Thursday Wednesday 27 November 7pm
|Dr Sheehan Olver
The University of Sydney
Phone: 02 9351 5782
|Dr Jason Sharples
Phone: 02 6268 9466
- Professor Nalini Joshi, The University of Sydney
- A/Prof Stephen Roberts, Australian National University
- Dr Ngamta Thamwattana, University of Wollongong
- Student member of ANZIAM $TBA
- Member of ANZIAM $TBA
- Non-member of ANZIAM $TBA
- Accompanying person for conference dinner $TBA
Abstract submission 1 November
Registration 1 November
Accommodation request 1 November
Accommodation for the Thursday night at one of the U. Sydney residential colleges can be arranged directly or through the region contacts.
Accommodation support is available for students from outside Sydney.
For more information, click on the Accommodation tab.