MATH3066 Algebra and Logic
This page contains information on the senior mainstream unit of study MATH3066.
- Taught in Semester 1.
- Credit point value: 6.
- Classes per week: Three lectures and one tutorial.
- Lecturer(s): Oded Yacobi .
Please refer to the Senior Mathematics and Statistics Handbook for all questions relating to Senior Mathematics and Statistics. In particular, see the handbook entry for MATH3066 for further information relating to MATH3066.
For enrolled students or other authorized people only, here is a link to the Canvas page for MATH3066.
Students have the right to appeal any academic decision made by the School or Faculty: see sydney.edu.au/students/academic-appeals.html.
|23:59 April 16||Assignment 1||20%|
|23:59 May 28||Assignment 2||20%|
- Lemmon, E.J., Beginning Logic. This book covers most of the material in the logic part of this course.
- Fraleigh, John B., A First Course in Abstract Algebra. We will cover parts of chapters 0,4, and 5.
- Halmos, P., Naive Set Theory. This is a more advanced take on set theory - only for the interested students and will not be required.
- Enderton, Herbert B., A Mathematical Introduction to Logic. This is a more advanced take on logic - only for interested students and will not be required.
|Resources||Canvas||Lecture recordings||Ed Discussion||Old Final Exams|
Show timetable / Hide timetable.