Back to main
Odds and ends
Student Algebra Seminar
During 2020 and 2021, I organised and co-organised the Student Algebra Seminar at the University of Sydney. Founded by Joel Gibson, the Seminar's purpose is to host talks and reading groups in a relaxed environment specifically for graduate students. The Seminar is on a break in Semester 2, 2021, but should return in 2022 (and with physical attendance).
When I was younger, I spent a lot of time editing and creating articles on the English Wikipedia. I worked under the pseudonym "Anonymous Dissident". Here is a list of the articles I originated; in addition, I contributed substantially to key articles such as quark, cannon, and lion.
Looking back, this hobby gave me an invaluable first contact with research and prose writing. I hope I'll have the chance to return to editing Wikipedia in the future, especially because there is much to work on in its coverage of core mathematical topics. If you're a (former) Wikipedian who also does maths research, I'd enjoy hearing from you!
- LieVis: a very helpful visualisation tool for Lie theory made by Joel Gibson
- scnews: the news and calendar page for the USYD Maths Department
- Informal Friday Seminar: the main algebra seminar series running (virtually) at USYD during the pandemic
- Project Euler: fun programming problems with a mathematical flavour
- Some of my favourite StackExchange posts: