I have not yet prepared pictures or discussion.
13. Morris, V.B., Cowan, R. and Culpin, D. The variability of cell cycle times measured in vivo in the embryonic chick retina by continuous labelling with 5-bromodeoxyuridine. Nature 280 68-70 (1979).
23. Cowan, R. , Culpin, D., Morris, V. A method for the measurement of variability in cell lifetimes. Math Biosciences 54 249-263 (1981).
28. Morris, V. B. and Cowan, R. A growth curve of cell numbers in the neural retina of embryonic chicks. Cell &Tissue Kinetics 17 199-208 (1984).
30. Allen, T., Aliano, N., Cowan, R. , Grigg, G., Hart, N., Lamberton, J.and Lane, A. Amplification of the anti-tumor activity of Phleomycins and Bleomycins in rats and mice by Caffeine. Cancer Research 45 2516-2521 (1985).
31. Staudte, R. G., and Cowan, R. Models for dependent cell populations. Proc. Imacs Conference, Oslo (1985).
32. Cowan, R. Branching process results in terms of moments of the generation time distribution. Biometrics 41 681-689 (1985).
33. Cowan, R. and Staudte, R. G. The bifurcating autoregression model in cell lineage studies. Biometrics 42 769-783 (1986) .
35. Cowan, R. and Morris, V. B. Cell population dynamics during the differentiative phase of Tissue Development. J. Theoretical Biology 122 , 205-224 (1985).
38. Cowan, R. and Morris, V. B. Determination of proliferative parameters from growth curves. Cell &Tissue Kinetics 20 153-159 (1987).
46. Morris, V. B., Dixon, K. E. and Cowan, R. The topology of cleavage patterns, with examples from Nereis, Styela and Xenopus. Phil.Trans. R.Soc. Lond. B, 325 1-36 (1989).
51. Au, K. Y. M., Yao, C. M., Cowan, R. and Ng, S. F. Programming of the Macronucleus of Paramecium during Asexual and Sexual Reproduction: A Further Study with Cytidine Analogues, Dimethylsulfoxide, L-Ethionine and N-Butyric Acid. European J. Protistology 26 25-36 (1990).
55. Hermans, M. H. A., Wubbena, A., Kroese, F. G. M., Hunt, S. V., Cowan, R. and Opstelten, D. The extent of clonal structure in different lymphoid organs. J. Exper. Medicine 175,1255-1269 (1992).
63. Morris, V. B. and Cowan, R. An analysis of the growth of the retinal cell population in embryonic chicks yielding proliferative ratios and cell-cycle times for successive generations of cell cycles. Cell Proliferation 28, 373-391 (1995).
66. Staudte, R. G., Zhang, J., Huggins, R. M. and Cowan, R. A re-examination of the cell-lineage data of E.O.Powell. Biometrics 52 1214-1222 (1996)
Link to my page on branching processes, where some of these papers are discussed as examples of age-dependent branching processes.