My papers in this field are:
39. Cowan, R. , Collis, C. M. and Grigg, G. W. Breakage of double-stranded DNA due to single-stranded nicking. J. Theoretical Biology 127 229-245 (1987) .
41. Cowan, R. and Underwood, P. A. Steric effects in antibody reactions with polyvalent antigen. J. Theoretical Biology 132 319-335 (1988).
44. Cowan, R. , Culpin, D. and Gates, D. Asymptotic results for a problem of DNA breakage. J. Appl. Prob. 27 433-439 (1990).
45. Dunn, I. S., Cowan, R. and Jennings, P. A. Improved peptide function from random mutagenesis over short "windows". Protein Engineering 2 283-291 (1988).
47. Sved, J. and Cowan, R. An analysis of the heterogeneity of codon usage between different human genes. in Molecular evolution 297-304 (1990).
48. Cowan, R. A simple formula for solvent accessible areas of amino acid side chains. Biochem. Biophys. Res. Comm. 156 792-795 (1988)
50. Cowan, R. and Whittaker, R.G. Hydrophobicity indices for amino acid residues as determined by HPLC. Peptide Research 3 75-80 (1990).
52. Cowan, R. Expected frequencies of DNA patterns using Whittle's formula. J. Appl. Prob. 28, 886-892 (1991). Download post-script file.
57. Cowan, R. and Chiu, S.N. A stochastic model of fragment formation when DNA replicates . J. Appl. Prob. 31, 301-308 (1994).
61. Cowan, R. , Chiu, S.N. and Holst, L. A limit theorem for the replication time of a DNA molecule. J. Appl. Prob. 32, 296-303 (1995). Download post-script file.
71. Cowan, R. Stochastic models for DNA replication. Handbook of Statistics. Vol. 21. 137-166. eds. C. R. Rao and D. N. Shanbhag. Elsevier (2003). Download post-script file.
72. Cowan, R. A new discrete distribution arising in a model of DNA replication. J. Appl. Prob. 38, 754-760 (2001). Download post-script file
Link to my cellular biology page.