Professor of Mathematics at the University of Sydney
and director of the Sydney Mathematical Research Institute
For all Crelle related correspondence please
use the address here.
| +61 (0)2 9351 5806
Sydney Mathematical Research Institute
School of Mathematics and Statistics
Faculty of Science
Room L4.44, Quadrangle A14
The University of Sydney, NSW , 2006
Slides (and a video) from a colloquium in Berlin giving a
historical introduction to representation theory.
My Takagi lectures (lecture
two) provide an introduction to some of the
themes of my current
research (for mathematicians).
illustrating the billiards
My CV is available here and my
publication list is here.
and slides of my lecture at the
ICM in Rio.
- Notes for the second part of my course on Langlands correspondence and Bezrukavnikov's equivalence. This course finished in July 2020, ending nowhere near where I thought it would
- Links for my talk "Music, Harmony and Maths" at the City Recital Hall, 7/8/19.
- Links for my talk on Ockham's razor, "Where do ideas come from?", 15/8/19.
- In 2020/21 I will be leading a special year
at the IAS in Princeton. Due to the COVID situation this will most likely have a large online component (at least for the first term)
- Full notes from the dacha seminar held in July, 2019.
- August 19--23, 2019 I will give some lectures at the Simons centre on
representations of reductive algebraic groups.
- First semester, 2019 I taught a course on Langlands
correspondence, Deligne-Langlands conjecture and Bezrukavnikov's
- If you are in Sydney, come to our informal Friday seminar!
- Second semester, 2018, Thomas Gobet and I taught course on braid groups.