Bob Howlett's Front Page
Name: Robert Brian Howlett
School of Mathematics and Statistics
University of Sydney
Telephone: +61 2 9351 3235 (W); +61 2 9875 3506 (H)
School of Mathematics and Statistics Fax: +61 2 9351 4534
- MATH3962 course page
- MATH3010 course page
- MATH2068 course page
- Other courses I have taught recently.
Research project "Reflection Groups" funded by the Australian Research Council. See its web page.
You can, if you wish, download my talk on automorphisms of Coxeter groups presented at the Australian Mathematical Society Annual Meeting.
My research interests lie in the general area of group theory, specifically
- representation theory of finite groups, especially finite groups of Lie type
- finite Coxeter groups, Iwahori-Hecke algebras
- infinite Coxeter groups
- representation theory of finite solvable groups
- Automorphisms of nearly finite Coxeter groups by W. N. Franzsen and R. B. Howlett. (To appear in "Advances in Geometry".)
- Induced W-graphs by R. B. Howlett and Yunchuan Yin. (A slightly improved version of "Inducing W-graphs", Math Zeit 244 415–431
- Inducing W-graphs II by R. B. Howlett and Yunchuan Yin (to appear in Manuscripta Mathematica).
- Klyachko's model for the representations of finite general linear groups by R. B. Howlett and Charles Zworestine.
- Automorphisms of rank 3 Coxeter groups by W. N. Franzsen and R. B. Howlett.
- On regularity of finite reflection groups by R. B. Howlett and J-y. Shi.
- Matrix generators for exceptional groups of Lie type by R. B. Howlett, L. J. Rylands and D. E. Taylor.
- Normalizers of parabolic subgroups in Coxeter groups by Brigitte Brink and R. B. Howlett. (On-line from Inventiones Mathematicae, or email me for an offprint.)
The 1998 Annual Meeting of the Australian Mathematical Society was held at the University of Sydney.