Daniel Daners: Personal Front Page
A/Prof Daniel Daners
School of Mathematics and Statistics F07
The University of Sydney, NSW 2006
Office: Carslaw Building Room 715
+61 2 9351 2966
Fax: +61 2 9351 4534
I am a member of the Nonlinear Analysis Group. My interests are partial differential equations (particularly elliptic and parabolic boundary value problems), dynamical systems, analytic semigroup theory, operator theory.
Recent publications: (posted 28 Jan 2017):
with Jochen Glück
The role of domination and smoothing conditions in the theory eventually positive semigroups,
Preprint arXiv:1701.07309, January 2017.
with Jochen Glück and James B Kennedy
Eventually and asymptotically positive semigroups on Banach lattices,
Preprint arXiv:1511.05294 November 2015, Journal of Differential Equations 261 (2016), 2607–2649.
with Christopher Thornett
Periodic-parabolic eigenvalue problems with a large parameter and degeneration,
Preprint arXiv:1512.00485 December 2015, Journal of Differential Equations 261 (2016), 273–295.
with Jochen Glück and James B Kennedy
Eventually positive semigroups of linear operators,
Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications 433 (2016), 1561–1593.
with Daniel Hauer and EN Dancer
Uniform convergence of solutions to elliptic equations on domains with shrinking holes,
Preprint, April 2014, Advances in Differential Equations 20 (2015), 463–494.
You can also look at my complete list of publications including preprints and links to the original articles if available.
Below some publication highlights.
- with P Koch Medina, Abstract evolution equations, periodic problems and applications, Longman Scientific & Technical, Harlow, Essex, 1992.
- Domain perturbation for linear and semi-linear boundary value problems, Handbook of Differential Equations: Stationary Partial Differential Equations, Vol 6, (2008), 1-81, Elsevier, 2008. ISBN-13: 978-0-444-53241-1.
- A Faber-Krahn inequality for Robin problems in any space dimension, Mathematische Annalen, 335 (2006), 767 - 785. (improvements with uniqueness and for p-Laplacian)
- Dirichlet problems on varying domains, J Diff Eq 188 (2003), 591-624. (related work)
- Heat kernel estimates for operators with boundary conditions, Math Nachr, 217(2000), 13-41.
- Robin boundary value problems on arbitrary domains, Trans AMS, 352 (2000), 4207-4236. (related work)
- with EN Dancer, Domain perturbation for elliptic equations subject to Robin boundary conditions, J Diff Eq 138 (1997), 86-132.
- Domain perturbation for linear and nonlinear parabolic equations, J Diff Eq 129 (1996), 358-402. (related work)
- Organiser of 57th Annual Meeting of the Australian Mathematical Society at the University of Sydney
- Organiser of the Tohoku-Sydney Workshop on nonlinear PDE's for early career researchers on March 9, 2012 (joint with Tohoku Unversity)
- I help organise the AMSI-ANU Workshop on Spectral Theory (July 13-17, 2009)
- Organiser of special ession at the 7th Australia & New Zealand Mathematics Convention (with Yihong Du and Tom ter Elst)
- Organiser of special ession at the 50th Annual Meeting of the Australian Mathematical Society (with Xuan Duong and Xu-Jia Wang)
- Organiser of ICE-EM/AMSI Summer School 2007 (with Ruibin Zhang and Georg Gottwald)
- Organiser of conference Recent Advances in Nonlinear Partial Differential Equations at the University of New England from 16-21 July 2006 (with Yihong Du and Shusen Yan)
- MATH1903: Integral Calculus and Modelling
- MATH1906: Mathematics Special Studies Program
- MATH2961: Linear Algebra and Vector Calculus (Advanced)
- MATH2962: Real and Complex Analysis (Advanced)
- MATH3969: Measure Theory and Fourier Analysis (Advanced)
You can also view my current lecture and tutorial timetable including my consultation hour (during the semester only).