Personal Front Page
Dr Daniel Hauer
School of Mathematics and Statistics F07
The University of Sydney, NSW 2006
Office: Carslaw Building Room 635
+61 2 9351 5763
Fax: +61 2 9351 4534
- Functional Analysis, calculus of variation, convex analysis;
- Ellipitic and parabolic partial differential equations:
- regularity and the qualitative behaviour of solutions
- long time asymptotic behaviour of solutions of parabolic equations
- Nonlinear semigroup theory:
- relation between the regularising effects of semigroups and inequalities of type Nash, Sobolev, Log-Sobolev or Poincaré;
- long-time asymptotic behavior;
- Eigenvalue problems and isoperimetric inequalities.
- Daniel Hauer with Ben Andrews and Julie Clutterbuck, Non-concavity of the Robin ground state, (2018).
- Daniel Hauer with Yuhan He and Dehui Liu, Fractional powers of monotone operators in Hilbert spaces, (2018).
- Daniel Hauer with José Mazón, Kurdyka-Lojasiewicz-Simon inequality for gradient flows in metric spaces, (2017).
Daniel Hauer with Thierry Coulhon,
Regularisation effects of nonlinear
semigroups, Accepted for publication in BCAM Springer Briefs (2017) .
Show more publications
- MATH2067: This course primarily studies second order linear differential equations with constant coefficients, Fourier series, Laplace transforms, and second order PDEs in rectangular domains.
- fourth-year Honours course PMH4: Advanced Measure Theroy and Applications at the University of Sydney.
- MATH2917 : Second year working Seminar (Special Studies Program) on Harmonic Analysis.
- MATH3068: Fourier Analysis, Bernoulli numbers and polynomials, Euler-Maclaurin formula, Functions of a complex variable.
- MATH1001: Differential Calculus.
- Organiser of the AMSI/AustMS-event International Conference on PDEs, Geometric Analysis and Functional Inequalities from 7-10 March 2017 at the University of Sydney. This was jointly organised with Daniel Daners (USyd), Glen Wheeler (UoW) and Valentina Wheeler (UoW).
- Organiser of the AMSI/AustMS-event International conference on nonlinear partial differential equations from 21 – 25 November 2016 at the University of New England, Armidale . This was jointly organised with Florica Cirstea (USyd), Daniel Daners (USyd) and Yihong Du (UNE).
- Organiser of the AMSI-event Recent Trends in Nonlinear Evolution Equations from 4-5 November 2015 at the University of Sydney jointly with Valentina Wheeler (UoW). This workshop had the fundamental aim to showcase the recent advances on nonlinear evolution equations and to highlight key challenges for the future.
- Organiser of the AMSI-event
Analysis and PDE Seminar. This seminar day was organised jointly with the related research groups of the
- Australian National University,
- Macquarie University,
- University of Newcastle,
- University of New South Wales,
- University of Sydney,
- University of Wollongong ,
- Organiser of the seminar day WOMASY - Geometric and Harmonic Analysis meets PDE.
- Organiser of the seminar day WOMASY - Geometric and Harmonic Analysis meets PDE. This is a joint day of seminars
- Member of the nonlinear analysis group at the School of Mathematics and Statistics at the University of Sydney.
- Organiser of the University of Sydney PDE Seminar (jointly with Daniel Daners).