Seminars and Conferences
- Applied Mathematics
- Computational Algebra
- Geometry and Topology
- Group Actions
- Mathematics Postgraduate Seminar Series
- Partial Differential Equations
- Statistical Bioinformatics
- Sydney Dynamics Group
- Joint Colloquium
The Joint Colloquium is organized jointly by the USyd and UNSW Schools of Mathematics and Statistics, and the venue alternates between the two institutions. The organizers are Liangyi Zhao at UNSW and Leo Tzou at USyd.
A workshop on Computational & Algorithmic Topology, to be held at the University of Sydney from 27 June to 1 July 2017 .
The workshop will bring together experts and emerging researchers to report on recent results and explore future directions in computational and algorithmic topology. See the workshop's web-page http://www.maths.usyd.edu.au/u/tillmann/cats2017/ for more information.
Integrable Systems 2017.
The fifth annual workshop in this series will be held at the School of Mathematics and Statistics, University of Sydney, on December 7th and 8th 2017.
See the Integrable Systems 2017 web site for more information.
International Conference on PDEs, Geometric Analysis and Functional Inequalities.
This conference was held at the University of Sydney from 7th to 10th March 2017. See the conference web page for further information.
Network of Mind workshop: 31 January to 3 February 2017
A workshop on recent advances in theoretical and experimental neuroscience. See the Network of Mind website for more details.
Integrable Systems 2016.
The fourth annual workshop in this series was held at the School of Mathematics and Statistics, University of Sydney, in December 2016. See the Integrable Systems 2016 web site.
International conference on nonlinear partial differential equations
Celebrating the 70th birthday of Professor Norman Dancer, this conference was held at the University of New England, Armidale, Australia, on 21–25 November 2016. See the conference web page for further details.
Ergodic Theory and its Applications.
Held at the University of Sydney from 18th to 22nd July 2016. See the conference web page for more information.
Integrable Systems 2015.
The third annual workshop in this series was held at the School of Mathematics and Statistics, University of Sydney, in December 2015. See the Integrable Systems 2015 web site.
This symposium was hosted by the University of Sydney from 7 December to 11 December 2015. See the BioInfoSummer 2015 web site.
Recent Trends in Nonlinear Evolution Equations.
This workshop, organized by Daniel Hauer, of the School's Nonlinear Analysis Research Group, and Valentina-Mira Wheeler of the University of Wollongong, was held at the University of Sydney on the 4th and 5th of November 2015. See the web page.
Workshop on Integrable Systems, held on 4th & 5th December 2014.
WOMASY—Geometric and Harmonic Analysis meets PDE.
A one-day workshop held on 1st October 2014 at the University of Sydney. See the WOMASY web page.
Workshop on Integrable Systems, held on 2nd December 2013.
57th Annual Meeting of the Australian Mathematical Society (2013), 30 September–3 October 2013.
JARCS: The 5th Australian–Japanese Workshop on Real and Complex Singularities, 9–13 September 2013 at the University of Sydney.
Workshop on nonlinear PDE's, organized by University of Tohoku and University of Sydney, held on March 9, 2012 at the University of Sydney.
See the workshop web page for further information.
Organized jointly by The Applied Statistics Association of Sri Lanka and The University of Sydney School of Mathematics and Statistics, this conference was held in Colombo, Sri Lanka, from December 28th to December 30th, 2011.
See the conference web page for further information.
- JARCS: The 3rd Japanese-Australian workshop on Real and Complex Singularities, 15–18 September 2009 at the University of Sydney.
- The Australasian Applied Mathematics Conference, ANZIAM 2008, held in Katoomba from 3rd to 7th February 2008.
- Workshop: Recent Advances in Asymptotic Probability and Statistics, with Time Series Applications (10th to 12th December 2007).
- GL07 – Geometry and Lie Theory, a conference marking Gus Lehrer's 60th birthday. (Held at ANU from July 2 to July 6 and at USyd from July 9 to July 13, 2007).
- Expansions, inequalities and approximations, a conference marking the 65th birthday of Professor Gavin Brown, held on 5th and 6th of March 2007.
- The fifth annual ICE-EM / AMSI Summer School was held at the University of Sydney from 15 January to 9 February 2007.
- FIRN Workshop: Exotic Option Pricing (18–19 April 2006).
- Recent Advances in Nonlinear Partial Differential Equations (held at UNE 16–21 July 2006, marking the 60th birthday of Professor Norman Dancer).
- Miniconference on computational number theory (March 21 and 22, 2006).
- SUTMEG Seminar: Deborah Hughes Hallet and David Easdown 7th December 2005.
- JARCS: The 1st Japanese-Australian workshop on Real and Complex Singularities 5–8 September 2005.
- AMSI Workshop: Asymptotics and Non-parametrics (31 March & 1 April 2005, honouring Professor John Robinson).
- Echidna II: Elliptic Curves and HIgher DimeNsional Analogues 12–14 January 2005.
- Sydney Summer Statistics Workshop 2004 Friday, 27 February 2004
- Lie Minisymposium (12–14 November 2003)
- Geometric Aspects of Representation Theory (21–26 July 2002)
- Fifth International Congress on Industrial and Applied Mathematics (ICIAM) (7–11 July 2003)
- Workshop on Computational Arithmetic Geometry (18–20 June 2003)
- Workshop in Arithmetic Geometry (Echidna) (15–19 July 2002)
- Algorithmic Number Theory Symposium (ANTS V) (7–12 July 2002)
- Second Australasian Conference on General Relativity and Gravitation (1998)
- 1998 Annual Meeting of the Australian Mathematical Society
The mathematics of déjà vu, presented by Prof Amie Wilkinson (University of Chicago), Thursday 27 April 2017.
- How to solve equations in rational numbers, presented by Professor Frank Calegari, Tuesday 24 May 2011, 5:30pm in the Old Geology Lecture Theatre, University of Sydney.
- Structure and Randomness in the Prime Numbers presented by Fields Medallist Professor Terence Tao, 7 February 2008, 5:30–6:30pm, in the General Lecture Theatre.
- A.A. Markov, Markov Chains, and Google presented by Emeritus Professor Eugene Seneta, Thursday 24 August 2006, 6pm in the Eastern Avenue Lecture Theatre, University of Sydney.
- Ramanujan's Life and Notebooks by Professor Bruce Berndt, Australian Mathematical Society Mahler Lecturer for 2005, 27th October 2005.
- From Babylon to Silicon Valley an illustrated history of mathematics, by Professor Bill Casselman, 27th July 2005.
- BIG BANG – the history of the universe in 60 minutes by Simon Singh, 24th May 2005.
- 4000 Years of Mathematics in Images Professor Bill Casselman, 3 August 2004.