Personal Front Page
Dr Daniel Hauer
School of Mathematics and Statistics
The University of Sydney, NSW 2006
Office: Carslaw Building, Room 635
+61 2 862 70092
Fax: +61 2 9351 4534
See Profile on Google Scholar
- Eigenvalue problems and isoperimetric inequalities with main focus on the Fundamental gap conjecture for Schrödinger operators
- Calculus of variation with application to PDEs
- Regularity theory in nonlinear Evolution problems
- Non-existence and long-time stability in nonlinear Evolution problems
- Homogenization and domain perturbation
- Stochastic analysis with application to stochastic (partial) differential equations
- Optimal Transportation
- [P1] with David Lee, Functional Calculus via the extension technique: a first hitting time approach, available on ArXiv: 2101.11305 , (2021).
- [P2] with J. Mazón, The Dirichlet-to-Neumann operator for functions of least gradient and associated diffusion problems, available on ArXiv: 1910.12219 , (2021).
-  with Peter Gurka, More insights into the Trudinger-Moser inequality with monomial weight , Calc. Var., Vol. 60, No. 16 (2021), Pages 1481–1493, DOI: 10.1007/s00526-020-01890-7 .
-  sole authored, Regularizing effect of homogeneous evolution equations with perturbation, Nonlinear Anal., Vol. 206, (2021), DOI: 10.1016/j.na.2021.112245 .
-  with Ben Andrews and Julie Clutterbuck, The fundamental gap for a one-dimensional Schrödinger operator with Robin boundary conditions, Amer. Math. Soc., Vol.149 (2021), Pages 1481–1493, DOI: 10.1090/proc/15140 .
- MATH1001: 1st-year course on Differential Calculus in one and two real variables. I taught this course in Semester 1 of the years 2014-16;
- MATH1021 : 1nd-year course for Science students on Calculus of one variable . I taught this course in Semester 1 of the years 2020 and 2021;
- MATH2021 : 2nd-year course for Science students on Differential Equations and Vector Calculus . I taught this course in Semester 1 of the years 2018-19;
- MATH2067 : 2nd-year course for Science and engineering students on Differential Equations and Vector Calculus . I taught this course in Semester 1, 2017;
- MATH2917 : 2nd-year working seminar on Harmonic Analysis for students of the Special Studies Program. I taught this course in Semester 2, 2015;
- PMH4 : 4th-year course for Honours reading course on Advanced Measure Theory . I taught this course in Semester 2, 2015;
- MATH3068: 3rd-year course on Complex and Fourier Analysis. I taught this course in Semester 2 of the years 2013-18;
- MATH3078, MATH3978/4078: 3rd-year mainstream and advanced students, and a 4th-year course on Partial Differential Equations and Waves. I taught this course in Semester 2, 2019 and 2020.
- Managing Organiser of the international weekly seminar series Asia-Pacific Analysis and PDE Seminar .
- Organiser of the intensive research meeting Isoperimetric Inequalities in Geometric Partial Differential Equations from 15-26 November 2021 at the MATRIX research institute, Cresswick. This event is jointly organised with Paul Bryan (Macquarie University) and Julie Clutterbuck (Monash University).
- Organiser of the AMSI/AustMS-event International Conference on PDEs, Geometric Analysis and Functional Inequalities from 7-10 March 2017 at the University of Sydney. This was jointly organised with Daniel Daners (USyd), Glen Wheeler (UoW) and Valentina Wheeler (UoW).
- Organiser of the AMSI/AustMS-event International conference on nonlinear partial differential equations from 21 – 25 November 2016 at the University of New England, Armidale . This was jointly organised with Florica Cirstea (USyd), Daniel Daners (USyd) and Yihong Du (UNE).
- Organiser of the AMSI-event Recent Trends in Nonlinear Evolution Equations from 4-5 November 2015 at the University of Sydney jointly with Valentina Wheeler (UoW). This workshop had the fundamental aim to showcase the recent advances on nonlinear evolution equations and to highlight key challenges for the future.
- Organiser of the AMSI-event
Analysis and PDE Seminar. This seminar day was organised jointly with the related research groups of the
- Australian National University,
- Macquarie University,
- University of Newcastle,
- University of New South Wales,
- University of Sydney,
- University of Wollongong ,
- Organiser of the seminar day WOMASY - Geometric and Harmonic Analysis meets PDE.
- Organiser of the seminar day WOMASY - Geometric and Harmonic Analysis meets PDE. This is a joint day of seminars
- Member of the nonlinear analysis group at the School of Mathematics and Statistics at the University of Sydney.
- Organiser of the University of Sydney PDE Seminar (jointly with Daniel Daners).