Senior Mathematics and Statistics
This site contains information on senior level units of study offered by the School of Mathematics and Statistics at the University of Sydney in 2021.
Enrolment advice, FAQs and Student Policies can be found on the School of Mathematics and Statistics Student Portal, on the Canvas website, or on the Enrolment Advice page on this server.
Detailed information about all aspects of senior level Pure and Applied Mathematics and Mathematical Statistics is available here in the Senior Mathematics Handbook.
See in particular the summary of enrolment advice section of the handbook.
- Read the information about calculators in exams (and other interesting items).
- Be aware of what happens if you miss an exam, and what happens if your performance in an exam is impaired.
- Be aware of the rules and procedures concerning applications for special consideration and special arrangements for assessment.
- Be aware of the University's plagiarism policy.
Students may wish to compete in the Norbert Quirk Mathematical Essay Competition.
Pure and Applied Mathematics
- MATH3063: Nonlinear Ordinary Differential Equations with Applications
- MATH3066: Algebra and Logic
- MATH3076: Mathematical Computing
- MATH3961/4061: Metric Spaces (Advanced)
- MATH3962/4062: Rings, Fields and Galois Theory (Advanced)
- MATH3963/4063: Nonlinear Ordinary Differential Equations with Applications (Advanced)
- MATH3974/4074: Fluid Dynamics (Advanced)
- MATH3976/4076: Mathematical Computing (Advanced)
- MATH3979/4079: Complex Analysis (Advanced)
- FMAT3888: Projects in Financial Mathematics MATH3061: Geometry and Topology
- MATH3075: Financial Derivatives
- MATH3078: Partial Differential Equations and Waves
- MATH3888: Projects in Mathematics
- MATH3968/4068: Differential Geometry (Advanced)
- MATH3969/4069: Measure Theory and Fourier Analysis (Advanced)
- MATH3975: Financial Derivatives (Advanced)
- MATH3977/4077: Lagrangian and Hamiltonian Dynamics (Advanced)
- MATH3978/4078: Partial Differential Equations and Waves (Advanced)
Statistics and Data Science
- STAT3021: Stochastic Processes
- STAT3022: Applied Linear Models
- STAT3921: Stochastic Processes (Advanced)
- STAT3922: Applied Linear Models (Advanced)
- STAT3925: Time Series (Advanced)
- STAT3926: Statistical Consulting (Advanced)
- DATA3888: Data Science Capstone